Thursday, October 28, 2010

Get rid of the M&Ms



In this talk by Jason Fried at Tedx Midwest, he outline why little to no work gets done at an office and why that is. The main point is that work time is interrupted by managers and meetings (M&Ms). The whole work day is broken up into increments, and there is no interrupted blocks of time. And unlike the Internet, TV, and other things these are passive interruptions.

I found this interesting when I came across it because I just happened to be wondering why I seem to get more work done at home then in the studio. Although I don't have managers and meetings, there are still plenty of interruptions from other students. I don't mind this all the time, but it's something to keep in mind when I really need to get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment