Sunday, November 21, 2010

Firebelly Designs



[Above is an interview with the founder of Firebelly Designs]

http://firebellydesign.com/

Last Thursday Firebelly Designs came to Pratt Manhattan to speak about their design firm and work.
I found this company to be very inspiring and just the type of firm I would like to work for or start one like it on my own. Their philosophy is to only work for sustainable and socially responsible organizations.  They also have their own grant for comprehensive design given away each year to an organization in need. This is just the kind of firm I would like to work for because I could use my skills to help change and influence the world, without losing my soul. It's very exciting that a design firm can prosper with this philosophy. I always thought that working for non-profits meant no profit for me either. Also, they believe in getting off the computer and creating hands on work. This is very appealing to someone like me, who comes from an illustration background.

[Below is a photo from their installation at Pratt]


No comments:

Post a Comment